Joseph Schembri Profile
- 5th Degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do
- Best at grading award 5th Dan 2016
- Best at grading award 3rd – 4th Dan 2010
- Over 30 years training in Tae Kwon Do
- International Referee
- Highly qualified Tae Kwon Do instructor (T.A.G.B and B.T.C qualifications)*
- Full Instructor indemnity insurance with the B.T.C
- NCAS Australian coaching award
- First Aid qualification
- DBS checked
- 4 X World Feather weight champion, Silver medal at lightweight World Champs.
- International titles include European, Dutch, Russian, Italian & many more
- Welsh, English, Scottish, Ireland & British Champion on many occasions
- National Team member Great Britain
- T.A.G.B International Fighter of the year
- Selected for the last 8 of Talent 2012 for the London Olympic TKD team
Joseph Schembri Tae Kwon Do History
Joseph Schembri has been training for 30+ years in Tae Kwon Do and martial arts. He has trained and competed at National and International level from the age of 15. At the age of 16 he became a member of the British Team, competing in Poland and since has achieved many titles.
In 1998 he became the World Featherweight Champion, he retained his title for 6 years defending in 2000 and 2002 and going on to win his fourth World title in 2013. He has captained the Welsh team representing his country on many occasions. In 2003 Joseph had a sponsorship to coach and compete in Perth Australia under their National Team, during this time he fought at state and national level and also against other styles such as Muay Thai and Boxing. Aside from competition, Joseph has achieved his teaching qualifications through the British Sports Council and the NCAS Australian coaching Board.
Joseph now teaches and trains in Wales with classes all over the Vale of Glamorgan. He has students ranging from 3 years up to adults. In addition, he is actively involved with primary schools, teaching life skills as well as Martial Arts.
He believes in hard work and dedication and is still very active within the TKD tournament scene, recently leading the T.A.G.B team to a resounding victory in front of over 1,000 spectators at the Clash of the Titans tournament.
* T.A.G.B – Tae Kwon Do Association of Great Britain / B.T.C – British Tae Kwon Do Council